I am Eddie Gichuhi of Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Most of my life is spent doing some of the following:
- Working: I work full-time for a financial services company in Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia.
- Business: I am CEO/Founder of Open Trade Logistics, Trip Sheet Central (TSC), a trucker at heart. To me, the open road signifies endless opportunity.. 'nuf said.
Open Trade Logistics
Open Trade Logistics is a full-service freight management company specializing in Transportation Logistics services.
Trip Sheet Central
TSC is a web-based truck-business management suite designed specifically for Truck Carrier Operations. It is built for truck Owner Operators, Independent Drivers, and Fleet Owners.
We do Fuel Tax reporting, Trip Sheets, Bookkeeping, Driver & Fleet Management, and more.
Trip Sheet Central in 60 Seconds
- More work: I provide business coaching services with a focus on trucking business operations.
- More work: My home-based Information Technology (IT) business provides cutting edge, turn-key technology solutions for small to medium-size businesses.
- When I get home, I fire up my macbook and write python code, perl, php, xml, rss, ajax, cgi, pl/sql, etc.
That's my passion. It's what I love.
- Hanging out online: I make my daily rounds on the news sites, blogs and perl sites.
Lately I've been interested in Data Science, Big Data, Linux/UNIX, Documentum (ECM), SDL Tridion, Toastmasters & Oracle Universal Content Management tool, and even Adobe Flash. I never imagined I would have a use for Flash...Hmmm.
I have no more use for Flash. Flash is dead.
- In 2014, I earned the Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) designation. (that just means I am comfortable in front of extremely large audiences and can communicate/lead with ease).
- Career/Work development: I am currently preparing for certification as a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) in RHEL7 - I figure I might as well wrap up what I do every day in a nice certificate. (I already have the T-Shirt)
- Therapy: I spend a lot of time writing Python code, Ansible Playbooks, Linux Systems Engineering, Data Modeling, etc - You get it: I'm a computer nerd with flavor..
- Writing: I write articles on the trucking industry, freight logistics, home-schooling, programming and general life events. I recently started blogging- I'll post a link soon.
- Travel: I've traveled to every mainland state in the USA except New Hampshire and Maine. About half a dozen countries in western Europe, and a few countries in East and Central Africa, and the United Arab Emirates.
Most of my travels have been mostly business. Quite a few though have been for pleasure.
- Family: I spend a lot of time around my family. My wife and I have three absolutely adorable girls.
We have no pets. My other hobbies include golf, photography, música en español and chess.
My chess moves may be somewhat rusty; -I have more faith in my golf swing!
- I am an active supporter of the efforts to eradicate human trafficking, and partner with Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT)
- a 501(c)3 organization that exists to educate, equip, empower and mobilize members of the trucking and travel plaza industry to combat domestic sex trafficking.
Every year, I network and speak to thousands of truck drivers and transportation professionals to create awareness of the plight of trafficking victims.
I am actively engaged in mentoring youth in the BDPA program in Atlanta. As part of my commitment to supporting and teaching life skills- I teach Web Development skills to these 11-19 yr- old youth (PHP, SQL, CSS, HTML5, etc)
What else is going on?
I am occasionally available for UNIX/Linux, Perl/CGI, Shell, PHP, Oracle/MySQL Database programming assignments.
I maintain an online professional profile at LinkedIn.
I am now on FaceBook, Twitter and YouTube*
* I have not uploaded any videos to YouTube yet, but I will soon